- What are the eligibility criteria for the MBA/MMS Courses?
Applicant must have passed with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of candidates of Backward class and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only) in any Bachelor’s degree awarded by a Recognized University
Appeared for the final year examination of any Bachelor’s degree to be awarded by a Recognized University subject to furnishing the proof of graduation by the deadline decided by the respective University (generally it is 31st Aug, 2016).
Candidates, to be considered as eligible for admission, must have appeared for:
MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2016 or CAT 2015 or GMAT or CMAT 2016 or MAT or XAT or ATMA
- What is the procedure for MBA / MMS admission?
The aspirant is eligible for the MBA/ MMS admission once he/she fulfils the above criteria.
The admission to the MBA/MMS courses is centralized and covered under the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) carried out by the Competent Authority (Directorate of Technical Education) of the State of Maharashtra.
For more details like Admission Procedure and Schedule, please visit the website:- http://www.dte.maharashtra.org.in/MBA2016
- What is the difference between MBA, MMS & PGDM?
MBA (Masters in Business Administration) is a course offered by and affiliated to Pune University.
MMS (Masters in Management Studies) is a course offered by and affiliated to Mumbai University.
MBA and MMS are similar in almost all aspects. Both are DTE & AICTE approved.
PGDM (Post Graduate Diploma in Management) course may be AICTE Approved or may be run by an Autonomous Institute.
- Can students in the final year of their graduation apply?
For example, candidates appearing for the final year degree examination in the year 2016, may apply for the admission to the 2016-18 MMS Batch, subject to furnishing the proof of graduation by the deadline decided by the respective University (generally it is 31st Aug, 2016).
- Is there any age limit to apply for MBA/MMS?
- What is the fee structure?
Shikshan Shulka Samiti (SSS) constituted by Govt. of Maharashtra, decides the Annual Fee for MBA/MMS course. It revises the fees every year based on various factors like Infrastructure, Placement and other records.
The annual fee for SIBM, Mumbai is approx. Rs. 1,45,000/- per year as approved by SSS.
- Is Bank Loan assistance provided to the finally selected candidates?
SIBM assists and provides all necessary information for an Educational Loan.
Details of Educational Loan schemes are available at the Institute office.
- Tell me more about Sinhgad, Mumbai.
SIBM, Mumbai is one of the jewels in the crown of Sinhgad Group of Academic Institutions. It is housed in a modern ten-storey building at Chandivali, Mumbai with state-of-the-art infrastructure and amenities conducive to heuristic learning and holistic development.
We are part of Sinhgad family who has the trust of over 60,000 students in over 117 Institutes at 17 Campuses in all at Mumbai, Pune, Lonavala and across Maharashtra (we cater to over 3000 Management students every year).
- How is the Infrastructure at SIBM, Mumbai Campus?
SIBM, Mumbai is housed in a modern ten-storey building at Chandivali, Mumbai.
• Library with more than 3000 books, e-library and a spacious Reading Hall
• Classrooms are spacious, air-conditioned, equipped with LCD projectors, etc.
• Three Computer Labs with wi-fi
• Two Seminar halls and Audio-visual Center
• Gymkhana for various indoor games
- Are any extra-curricular activities carried out in the campus?
Various extra-curricular activities carried out at SIBM, Mumbai:
• Stream Specific Conclaves
• National Research Conference
• Industrial Visits
• Cultural And Sports Events
- Does SIBM, Mumbai take any steps to prepare Graduates for the Professional MBA/MMS course?
Yes. We carry out various programs even before the course starts. All the programs are absolutely free of cost.
• We have a 21-day program called “Convergence Module” which prepares graduates for the MBA/MMS course
• It is followed by a week-long “Induction Program”
• And a week-long project with an NGO
- What is the Placements scenario at SIBM, Mumbai?
Placements are one of our biggest strengths.
Every year, around 800 companies participate in the Sinhgad Campus Recruitment program.
Some of our Top recruiters are:
TATA Group of companies , Reliance Group, ITC Ltd., Mahindra Group, L&T, Nestle, Thomson Reuters, Syntel, General Mills, Godrej & Boyce, ICICI, HDFC, Axis Bank, Force Motors, Future Group, Knight Frank, Deustche Bank, Bose Corporation, Deloitte, Edelweiss, IndiaBulls, Asian Paints, Vodafone, Bharti Airtel, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, Berger Paints and many more.
- What are the specializations offered?
The specializations offered are Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, Systems (IT) & Operations.
- Is the MBA/MMS programme approved by AICTE?
All our MBA/MMS programmes are approved by AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), DTE (Directorate of Technical Education)
MMS course is affiliated to University of Mumbai.
MBA course is affiliated to Pune University.
- How is SIBM Mumbai Campus at Chandivali, near Powai accessible?
For more details you may call: 022 – 28472092
SIBM, Mumbai is situated at MHADA Colony, Chandivali.
From Ghatkopar Station: Bus 421, Name of the Bus-stop: Sinhgad Institute
From Andheri Station: Bus 319, 335, Name of the Bus-stop: Sinhgad Institute
From Thane: Any bus towards Andheri and Borivali.
Name of the Bus-stop: Powai Police station or Ram Baug
Website Disclaimer : The information contained in this website is for general information purpose only . Institute attempts to maintain the highest accuracy of content on its website. Any errors or omissions may be reported .
Institute makes no claims, promises or guarantees about the absolute accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the contents of this website and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this website.
Information regarding tuition fee and other college fees are subject to change as per the Institute or state mandates. For official information students/site users should contact the Institute for up-to-date information.